Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 3 of 30...Plus 30 WHAT?

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

We are smack dab in the middle of the week....



Yesterday was a great day until I had a head on collision with a Middle School Attitude....

My baby is no longer a baby, no matter how much I try to keep her MY BABY....

 

I keep reminding myself I went through the exact some thing with her older sister...now we are the bestest buddies... 




So needless to say yesterday afternoon was terribly stressful. There were icebergs forming between us as we both employed The Cold Shoulder Treatment...

UGH.

Where is the remote?
Where are the Pop Tarts? 
WAAAAAHHH!

I think if it wasn't for the dialogue I had with Amy outside of Curves yesterday afternoon that is EXACTLY what I would have done....streamed some mindless Netflix, Popped some Tarts and curled up on the sofa with a HUGE SERVING OF POOR ME!

I didn't though.  I got my +30 out of the way before making dinner.

Did I want to?
Nope.....
.....but I borrowed some of Amy's enthusiam and motivation and I jumped on that bike in the middle of my front room....

Did it feel good?
Not at first:-(
 But by the time I hit the 10 min mark I was feeling SO MUCH better !
When I hit the 30 min mark I was a brand new person!

THANK YOU AMY!

I jumped on the scale today just for a look see....
I am down 2 lbs. already...
Water Weight, for sure...
But I can see it and FEEL it, so it is all good....

What are you doing for your +30? 
The Curves Fitness program suggest an extra 30 min. most days.

Here are some ideas:
30 MINUTES OF...

Curves Circuit with ZUMBA
Yoga
Walking
Marching in place
Dancing 
Biking
Jogging
PLaying Basketball with the kids
Playing catch with the kids
Racing up and down the street with your kids
Skipping with your kids 
(see a theme?)
Jumping Rope
etc.
etc.
etc.


Pretty much anything that keeps you moving and bring your heart rate up a bit....


(...and NO...the blood pressure increase courtesy of your teenager's attitude does NOT count as a Plus 30 Activity....oh how I wish it could!)

Let's GO!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment